I hope you all have had a fantastic week and the weekend is finally here! I hope you have time to spend in the gorgeous spring weather and be with the people you love!
As you all know- Mother’s Day is this weekend. I will have attending a family brunch at my parents house and will be back to show you the fun with pictures!
My family always gets together and even though when I’m busy or too tired, I love to spend time with them because they are family. We celebrate birthdays by going to dinners in Little Italy or Woodberry Kitchen (which is making me drool just thinking about it).
We get dressed up, sip wine, eat dessert, laugh about Seinfeld like we’re actually friends with the characters, talk about the random people sitting next to us, and then go home when we’re stuffed. Don’t pretend like you don’t know what I’m talking about because I am pretty sure a lot of other families do this.
- My mom still looks like she’s 40 even though she’s not. I only hope her genes that prevent her from getting wrinkles are passed on to me.
- She comes to my yoga classes and will do handstands against the wall
- My mom also will still buy me toilet paper, paper towels, and various groceries- even though I am quickly approaching 30!
- Sometimes I lend my mom my North Face jackets when she goes on trips. Just a random bit of information for you.
- My mom loves Sting, U2, and Santana. And I’ve actually seen U2 and Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young with my parents two different times. I could also talk about her dancing skills here- but I won’t.
- My mom knows when I get annoyed. She can give me the side eye look- and then laugh. A good example of this is when we are at Costco. Ok- you all can picture what that gigantic warehouse of a store is like on a Saturday of all days. And it’s not just me and my mom- my sister, grandmother, and aunt are in tow…and everyone has to have a thousand samples. So my mom tells me to just start humming when I am starting to let the drama get to me. Humming starts now. Lol
- My mom is one of my closest friends. She knows everything about me- even though I don’t like to always admit this.
- This song will always remind me of my mother. It makes me cry.
I spent like 20 minutes trying to find the best version! These ladies are good- just a little wonky on the recording.
As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her. ~Kristin Hannah
What can I say- I love you mom. I don’t know who I’d be or what I’d do without you.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you Mom’s and pseudo mom’s out there!
Have a great weekend!!!
You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not live in a world but a world lives in you. ~Frederick Buechner